16 August 2014

Happy 1st birthday with Mama Elephant

Hello Everyone,

If you follow me on Facebook, you have surely already read about my haul of Mama Elephant and Simon Says Stamp goodies from the States...There's also a haul video in the making, but I am afraid that you'll need to wait a bit to see it - I am off for a short trip to the Czech Republic in the coming days, and will only have the time to edit the video when I'm back...

Anyhow, since I just couldn't wait any longer to get crafting with the cute Mama Elephant stamps & dies I had purchased, this morning - instead of packing - I decided to make a birthday card for my friend's Baby Girl. And it's a very special birthday, too - the first one! 

If you're a bit familiar with Mama Elephant's products, you'll quickly realise that the card has a ME products overload, LOL! I actually wanted to add a few little critters from the Cosmic Stars set, too, but the little cutie-pies from the Just Hatched set made me completely forget about my initial plan! I did remember to use one of the lovely sentiments from the Up and Away set, and - of course - I couldn't resist using the lovely scalloped & stitched die duo from Femme Frames... I have wanted to get these dies for SO long, and I am happy to announce that I was not disappointed - the dies are of an equally excellent quality as the stamps are... The only problem with them is - I still don't have all of them, haha! I will definitely get more at some point, however - they're just so FAB! I finished off the card with some little (aka dainty) bows that I added some little pearly buttons to, and... surprise surprise... some clear Wink of Stella.


I got so focused on Mama Elephant, that I completely forgot to mention my background! I coloured it with watercolours (Tesco's best!), and the resisted pattern was made using white embossing powder & a cling stamp by Hero Arts: Lattice. The little cutie pies were coloured with my ProMarkers. Oh, and the big number 1 was cut using  my Silhouette Cameo. 



And a few close-ups, so that you can see the lovely Wink of Stella magic:





I am entering the card into the following challenges:
A Gem of a challenge - Stitching (made used the Femme Frames die)
QKR stampede - Add a button (little pearly buttons on the bows)
Inky Impressions - Animal Friends
I Love ProMarkers - Anything Goes
Passion for ProMarkers - Milestone Birthdays
Love to Create - Inspired by a Song/Book "Happy Birthday" song
Mama Elephant - Watercoloring + Birthdays
Inky Impressions - DT call (please note I won't have access to the Internet until August 25th in case you're trying to reach me)

Phew, that was a long post...
I guess it just proves my excitement about my Mama Elephant goodies... 

Have a great weekend!
M.

13 comments:

  1. What a fun idea, love those little critters on the big number 1! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, love all the colors. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at Love to Create Challenge Inspired by a Song, Movie or Book.

    Hugs
    Jackie - LTC owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, thank you for playing along with us at PASSION FOR PROMARKERS this week & the very best of luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. The colored background is fantastic. Those cute little pearl buttons and bows are wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at QKR Stampede for our Add a Button Challenge.

    Emily T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a cute card! Those little birdies are adorable! Thank you so much for taking part in our challenge over at Passion for ProMarkers. Hugs Lotta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute creation, love the colours & the images are so sweet!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Inky Impressions this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card thanks for playing at AGOAC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mirella,
    This is fab. I love Mama Elephant too. So cute!! Your wonderful background effect looks fantastic. It's all just brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is very lovely, thanks for joining in at I love promarkers this week, Lou DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how adorable, and I just love your background. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers and A Gem of a Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! I love the happy birthday card to go with the song! Great Idea! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create. Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super CUTE! Love your design and fabuolous bg! Thanks so much for playing with us at Mama Elephant and me this month, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and such pretty colors. Thanks for joining us for our add a button challenge at QKR Stampede.
    Karal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...